Payments & Cards Network IS seeking a Senior Relationship Manager for a large enterprise bank. The position will be managing a portfolio of commercial banking clients along with several other key duties. In addition, to be the primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the SRM is accountable for prospecting new business and retaining and deepening existing relationships. The SRM analyzes the client's financial and operating strategies and recommends alternative or additional financial services to best meet the client's immediate and long-term personal and business needs. The SRM will have the ability to forge relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the client company. The SRM is also responsible for leading, directing and coordinating key extended team members in the analysis and execution in the effective delivery of their products and services to clients and prospects. This involves coordinating client involvement by the team's specialists in credit and payments. To effectively perform this role, the SRM must be well versed in banking products and services for proper identification of cross-selling opportunities. The SRM is expected to consistently network in the community and with centers of influence. in addition, requires management of all Client Management Process core training, plus advanced credit and Treasury Management courses; successful experience in complex transactions; excels at client management success factors; demonstrates leadership skills and mentors’ new associates. Position may be filled as a Sr. RM or an RM, depending on experience and qualifications.
Office location is Columbus, OH.
- 5–10+ years Commercial Lending, Business Development, Commercial Credit and Portfolio Management experience in the commercial banking or middle market sector.
- Management of an extensive portfolio of clients with annual revenues of $10-$50 million.
- Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships. Proven sales skills and experience. Must be able to assess and analyze financial conditions of clients and the industry trends.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability. Familiarity with sales force automation, such as ACT and other systems, a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or economics preferred. Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading and negotiating with team of bank associates to solve client issues.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis required.
- Completion of formal credit training required.