Talk to us
About the Client
Our client is a start-up now working on a funded program, taking place in Germany, which is developing a real-world application and looking to bring a product to market in 2018. Blockchain technology will be used for the transaction infrastructure, helping bring private individuals into an established marketplace, where they can exchange or buy, using the Blockchain.
It’s a start-up environment with a flat structure, where everyone will need to support each other, participate in the decision making, have responsibility for their work and each other and the flexibility to choose your own tools to help you deliver. You will help select the right architecture, ensure code is unit-tested, review your peers code to suggest improvements and ensure the final product meets the required standards.
For them we are looking for a mix of Blockchain Developers and Senior Developers, which can be either permanent contracts or on contract/freelance. If you are at the Senior Developer level you will be involved with both building the customer proposition and working with the relevant industry bodies/regulators.
About the Job
This is a real life application with a strong use case and funding, targeting a market, which is ripe for disruption. On offer is a chance to be involved in a Blockchain project that is going to deliver real value once delivered and to work with long-term industry professionals
This is a demanding role where you will be part of a small team of less than 10 people, including the current Management, Marketing and Product Developers and will require your total commitment to bring the product to market in 2018.
Currently, MVP’s have been tested, and there is an understanding of the challenges of building a real product. The next phase (the build) needs to start, with alpha testing due to be completed by Dec 2017, beta by March 2018 and go-live with customers after that.
- 4 or more years of experience building distributed systems with open-source tech
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of web architecture and the full web stack
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology
- Understanding of cryptographic principles
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Node.js or solidity experience is desirable
- Ability to work in an agile environment with quick turn around times
- Good communication and documentation skills
- English must be fluent and German language skills would be a bonus
- Able to travel occasionally
This is a very exciting real-world Blockchain project, with funding in-place, which will give you a chance to work on a product that is expected to be on the market in 2018.