eCommerce, Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Payments
New York City
About the Client
Our client is a major player in the FinTech space.
About the Job
The Account Executive is responsible to support Acquiring partnership relationships in support of the acceptance of card products through Ecommerce, POS and ATM and EMV compliance.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day acquiring relationships with existing direct acquirers as well as other prospective acquirers.
The Account Executive will have the accountability and responsibility for the full process of account management. Duties include preparation of an annual account plan, execution of that account plan, weekly reporting and coordination of all aspects relative to the partners acquiring efforts associated with acceptance.
- Develop and execute sales calling program
- Thorough understanding of the Acquiring, ATM, EMV products will be required
- Development of a solid relationship with the product Team, EMV Chip Teams and Marketing Team; Provide partner’s market requirements; Ensure successful program implementation and execution
- Development of Merchant Marketing programs in support of creating Awareness and promotional opportunities
- Daily management of the contractual terms of the business relationship with the acquiring partner
- Responsible for the strategic direction, growth, profitability, performance and operation of the acquiring business relationship
- Preparation of annual account plan
- Manage each of Partner relationship; develop a strategic plan along, establish goals and a mechanism for measuring progress on a monthly basis, Additionally, it is required that the Account Executive develop strategic relationships with the senior most management and all decision makers
- Expand and complement the considerable business skills of the team with experience in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing and operations
- Manage and maximize the return on all resources applied to the Partner including sales, product, marketing, technology and operations resources
- Demonstrate leadership in setting the US Acquiring strategy for the Partner in association with both and the Partner Executive Team
- Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to liaise with marketing and product development in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the Partner. He/she must take hands-on leadership in this area and ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to and are embraced by the Partner, Ideally, this position will bring vision and foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the Partner's recognition of need
- Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the account team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the Partner
- 3-5 years’ business experience with related Acquirer sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting * Demonstrated Primary knowledge of US acquiring industry
- Four-year college degree is required
- Demonstrated Account management experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Ecommerce, ATM and POS. EMV acquiring business.
- Demonstrated capability to understand, communicate and participate in internal product development process across all acquiring channels
- Must possess a technical aptitude, as a core requirement of this position is to represent acquiring solutions
- Proven ability to create strategic solutions (driven by product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) and implement them to drive top line results
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross-functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint