Consulting Services, Financial Services, Information Services, Merchant Services
Join our client's European office presents an opportunity for top candidates to enter management consulting through a highly respected firm in a dynamic industry. The client's business is widely respected as a world leading specialized boutique which is now expanding and thriving within the leading global network of one of the big 4 consulting companies worldwide.
About the Client
Our client is a privately held management consulting advisory firm focused on the payments industry. Currently 90 employees, with European headquarters in Amsterdam and North American headquarters in the D.C. area. Our client delivers over 200 projects per year for market leading financial institutions, schemes, processors, payment service providers, and retailers.
Operating in multiple lines of business, facing off to various segments of the payments industry including card issuing, payment acceptance, commercial payments and mobile and alternative payments.
The Amsterdam office currently has 14 employees and has exhibited continuous growth since its establishment in 2008. The company is seeking for an Analyst and Senior Analyst position.
About the Job
Analyst responsibilities include conducting quantitative and financial analysis; gathering market research; preparing client deliverables; and, assisting with solving strategic business problems. Our work environment and office culture is dynamic (fast) yet collegial (friendly). Work is often conducted in a team environment and, depending on the size and scope of projects, involves a combination of Partners, Managers, Senior Consultants, and Analysts. The duration of projects varies from one to four months (typically) and Analysts have the opportunity to be staffed on multiple assignments with staggered deadlines. Travel may be required, although most analysts conduct the majority of work from the office.
- Excellence in written and spoken English is a prerequisite
- Outstanding creative, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Diligent research skills
- Experience working with business and analytical applications including, for example, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and statistics applications
- Solid understanding of basic finance concepts and financial modeling such as net present value and discounted cash flow analysis
- Ability to be a self-starter, to take initiative
- Fluency in German, Spanish, French, or Italian is valued, but not required
- Open-mindedness and ability to be productive in a dynamic work environment
- Right to work in the EU preferred