Financial Services, Fin-Tech, Mobile, Payments
About the Client
Mobile Payments is a clever initiative for how we move money around the world. Our client has made this the core of their business for their B2B services, focussing on the emerging markets. We are all heavily reliant on our mobile phones given they are almost usable everywhere - therefore why not connect your payments to your network and your networks partners?
About the Job
This is an established organisation, so there isn’t a need to start completely from scratch but given they are now in the next phase of growth there is a need to assess, alter and align the global compliance strategy. This means (for example) assessing the new territories to be entered, the new operators to build partnerships with and taking a deeper look at internal practices. As well as maintain and execute Compliance programmes globally which relate to Anti-Bribery & Corruption, AML & Anti Terrorist Financing, Customer / Partner KYC and DD and not forgetting Data Protection (GDPR) laws. There is an established team of 3 in place with one of these placed in London - you will be expected to lead the team and therefore understand local and international compliance regulations in order to best support the team. Naturally, since you will be based in the UK - you will be expected to hold the relationship with the FCA. The role sits within the Legal and Compliance department and therefore reports to the Head of Legal but much of your time will be working with / alongside the CEO, CFO and COO - meaning that you will act as their expert in regards to compliance and risk.
Key Questions to Ask Yourself
- Describe the 3 main projects you have been apart of relating to payments in the emerging markets?
- How often are you in contact with the FCA?
- Have you mainly developed Global or Local Compliance strategies?
- How up to speed are you with PSD2, GDPR, 4th/5th AML Act?
- What do you believe are the key challenges (from a compliance perspective) within mobile payments?
Things to Keep in Mind
- Relevant qualifications appreciated (BSc, MSc, AML diplomas...for example)
- Relevant compliance experience in online / mobile payments an absolute MUST.