First speakers announced for WIRED RETAIL
WIRED RETAIL will once again gather dynamic speakers who are evolving the sector using digital technologies; disrupting the way we buy, sell and interact with commerce. Session themes will include new human-computer interfaces, the future of the city, on-demand delivery and much more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kevin Gibbon, CEO & Co-founder, Shyp. Shyp is the Uber for shipping – picking up, packaging, tracking and delivering things for people via a simple app interface. Prior to founding the company in 2013, Gibbon led the Boeing engineering team.
- Filipa Neto, Co-founder and managing director, Chic by Choice. Neto’s online dress-hire startup operates in 15 European markets, enabling women to wear dresses from leading catwalk designers for a fraction of the purchase cost.
- Matthew Johnson, CTO, Guardtime. Johnson is CTO of Guardtime, which aims to replace data security with data integrity using the blockchain. Guardtime defends Estonian healthcare files and UK nuclear and flood-defence data.
- Niall Murphy, CEO & Co-founder, EVRYTHNG. Murphy’s award-winning EVRYTHNG is an Internet of Things digital identity and real-time data management platform that delivers data analytics, consumer-product experiences, interactive support services and smarter supply chain operations.
- Kerry Liu, Founder & CEO, Rubikloud Technologies. Liu heads up Rubikloud, which claims to be the world’s most advanced machine learning platform for retailers. Using machine predictions, Rubikloud increases CRM and promotional revenue and profitability.
- Simon Taylor, Co-founder & blockchain director, 11:FS. Former blockchain lead at Barclays, Taylor founded 11:FS with Mondo co-founder Chris Skinner. A blockchain consultancy, 11:FS aims to help firms take advantage of the new technology.
Additional names will be announced over the coming weeks.
WIRED RETAIL will once again bring together startups, tech giants and established high-street players to explain and discuss the converging trends and technologies disrupting commerce today. It will offer a future-facing look at the emerging opportunities for smart retailers, disruptors, investors, marketers, designers, advertisers, buyers and policymakers.
Speakers at last year’s event included: Jo Bertram, who leads Uber’s UK, Ireland and Nordic operations; Jessi Baker, founder of Provenance; Cristian van Tienhoven of Amazon Merchant Services; William D McMaster, head of VR at Visualise; James Allgrove, head of UK growth for Stripe; Stefan Siegel, founder & CEO of NOT JUST A LABEL; Sebastian Siemiatkowski, co-founder & CEO of Klarna; Paul Clarke, director of technology at Ocado Technology; Ken Denman, president & CEO of Emotient; Si Brown, co-founder & CMO of skignz; Bram de Zwart of 3D Hubs; James Crawford from Orbital Insight; and Robert Gentz, Co-founder of Zalando,
WIRED’s annual headline event, WIRED2016, will be held on November 3-4, 2016 at London’s Tobacco Dock, E1, with WIRED NEXT GENERATION curated specifically for young people – the innovators of the future – taking place on Saturday, November 5 at the same venue.
WIRED is recognised as the multimedia authority on the future, in print and digital. Since launch in 2009, WIRED has won a host of awards including both Technology Magazine of the Year and overall Magazine of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2015, as well as Cover of the Year, Magazine of the Year and Technology & Gadget Magazine of the Year at the DMAs 2014, PPA Media Brand of the Year for Consumer Magazines in 2013, the BSME Art Director of the Year for Consumer Magazines in 2013 and the BSME Editor of the Year Award for Special Interest Magazines in 2012.